Healthy Superbowl Snacks
It’s that time of the year… Superbowl Sunday when millions of Americans gather in front of the television to watch the big game and, often more importantly, shove their faces full of food. If you’ve got plans to host a Superbowl gathering, here are some suggestions for snack options that won’t have you running to the gym first thing Monday morning.
Here are some pre-packaged snacks you can pick up at the grocery:
- Not Your Mama Rice Cakes. No, that’s not a brand name but rice cakes have come a long way since you last ate one. Flavored to satisfy both sweet and savory palates, rice cakes now come in bite-sized chips that are great for pouring into a snack bowl.
- Hummus is both low-calorie and protein-packed, perfect with baby carrots, celery or pita chips.
- Angel food cake is a great pre-made dessert that dieters and gluttons can both enjoy. Fancy it up with light whipped cream and berries in a trifle bowl.
For the host who doesn’t mind spending some time in the kitchen, check out these Superbowl recipes:
- We love this recipe from Just A Taste- it uses greek yogurt for an extra bonus of healthy protein.
- Chicken Wings. Here’s a recipe for chicken wings doused in hot sauce- don’t forget the celery!
- Check out this great recipe from SkinnyMom
- Zucchini Brownies are the perfect finger food for dessert and these rich, fudgy bars will leave your guests feeling satisfied. One of our favorite recipes comes for Crazy For Crust.
What are your Superbowl plans? What will you be snacking on while watching the big game? Let us know!